Last September and October, Godiva completed a #TruffleTakeoff Tour in New York City, Atlanta, Dallas and Los Angeles to promote their six new truffle flights. Not only could a passerby experience the new line of chocolates, but they could pose for pictures in front of six unique tableaux.
Here is a brief video and summary of what Godiva did and how you can capitalize on this for your next event.
TRUFFLE TAKEOFF TOUR
- Godiva took this tour to the standard top cities (NYC – #1, LA – #2, and Dallas – #9) but also included a lower ranked city as a method to capitalize on exposure (Atlanta – #33).
- They encouraged the use of social channels, including Instagram and Twitter, by creating the #TruffleTakeoff hashtag and @GodivaChoc handle for the campaign. They displayed these social feeds on a large video wall for all to see.
- Godiva set up a six-sided truffle themed structure for photo taking and sharing on social. Each side represented the different flights they were introducing.
- In NYC they created a contest asking individuals who were dining in the meatpacking district to tweet or Instagram their meal photos the night of September 17th. Godiva chose three winners and paid their bill, sent a car from Uber to pick them up and provided dessert.
- They hosted flight tastings for bloggers that was narrated by David Funaro, Godiva’s Global Senior Chef Chocolatier.
“We are bringing the truffle to life in an Instagramable way,” Larry Abel of Abel McCallister Designs told BizBash.
- Rather than having one large event, consider hosting several events in cities both large and small.
- Set up a unique hashtag and handle that will run the course of the campaign.
- Create some sort of interactive display that will encourage attendees to take photos and videos to share on social channels. Display the feed on large video wall rental units or touch screen rentals for all attendees to see.
- Put together a contest that involves social media and make certain it links directly to the product or service you are launching.
- Invite bloggers, influencers and the media to a special showing of the new offering. This will make it easy for them to write about it.
When renting audio visual equipment, think of SmartSource Rentals! They have 20 locations across the country to serve you with state-of-the-art interactive technology tool rentals. Give them a call at 800.866.8686 to speak to an experienced account representative about your product launching needs.