So your company is going to roll out a new product or service and you are in charge of the big event. You are so excited! But after the initial joy passes, suddenly you blank out on ideas and have no clue on how you are going to make this all happen. You are desperate for inspiration and you don’t know where to turn.
Here are 3 key ideas to keep you focused and make the launch a great success.
Produce a creative invitation that works both in the print and digital arena. If you are having a hard time developing a creative invite, put a group of employees together to brainstorm ideas. It is also vital you answer the following questions:
- Who are you going to invite? This will determine the size of venue you need to host the event.
- What does it need to say? Other than the event specifics, you want to give your audience a glimpse of why they should attend.
- Consider giving your event a theme.
- Have a RSVP process. Give them several ways to respond via telephone, email, or registration on your website.
Marketing Strategy: Print and Digital
Let’s face facts: We have 5 generations in the workplace today and each one has a different communication method they are comfortable with. The goal is not only to get people to attend your event, but to create a positive buzz around it.
With regards to print, consider the following:
- Formal Invitation to mailed out with RSVP cards inserted. Looking something like a wedding invite, many companies don’t want to spend the money or time to produce an invitation of this nature. However, if you have the budget, I would recommend doing it, especially for your VIP attendees.
- Flyers. These are great for a more informal or company-wide launch where it will be held in an informal setting such as an outside venue or holiday gathering.
- Brochures. If a lot needs to be conveyed about the product or service launch, a brochure is great marketing piece to convey it.
With regards to digital, consider the following:
- Put your invitation on your website, complete with registration area.
- Blog about the event and consider having guest bloggers.
- Set up a Twitter strategy for days leading up to the event and make sure attendees that join you the day of the event are encouraged to tweet about it.
- Create an email campaign inviting attendees.
Renting Audio Visual Equipment
- Touch panel kiosks throughout the event space can run video about the new product or service, quiz attendees after the launch, and/or allow them to register for the grand prize drawing.
- Sound and lighting rentals are key because the spotlight can be on the new product and it is also important the audience hear every word about what’s new. Lighting can also create a mood of mystery and a great sound system can be used for music, as well as, the keynote speaker. Having wireless mics throughout the room will also allow the attendees to easily participate in the Q&A session.
- Wireless Audience Response Systems can instantly capture the attendee’s feedback about the new product.
AV Event Solutions will happily assist you in making your next product launch a smashing success. They have a great line of audio visual equipment, technicians, and project managers available to you. Give them a call today or learn more about their products and services.