Today’s blog will focus on energy usage and paper reduction; this is where event and meeting planners can see immediate improvements as the result of adopting the Tablet PC or iPad technology.
- They require you to be sitting at a table or hard surface in order to ensure stability
- They can weigh up to 7 or 8 pounds
- They create a barrier to conversation because of the screen
- The battery life is limited up to 5 hours so you need to be make certain you are near an outlet
- Many are not energy efficient, up to 45 watts of energy and
- You most certainly cannot walk around, or stand and navigate applications on a laptop
- They can be used standing, sitting, or walking around
- They weigh as little as 1 pound
- Meeting and trade show information can be downloaded to rental unit
- No barriers because you can carry it just like a paper notebook
- The battery life can be up to 10 hours, so the recharging is at night
- The latest iPads and Tablet PC have EnergyStar ratings, using around 15 watts of energy
Tablet PCs are suitable for cutting down on all kinds of paper, including note taking, reading documents, filling out registration forms, and surveys or other reports.
By the end of 2011, the firm estimates printed brochures will be reduced by 80%, as those brochures and video displays will be on the iPad. According to BCRA officials, the estimated savings for the year will be over $15,000 on printing and paper costs.
AV Event Solutions is a conference equipment rental company based in California. They offer state-of-the-art interactive technology, including iPad rentals and Tablet PC rentals.